Siddhartha- Book Design

I know I know I know... Quality is poor, but I just want to get my pieces up! I'll make everything photoshopped and get a nicer camera! I promise!

However, this is one of my favorite books. The idea was to redesign a book, and I think the current book, seen *here* turns readers away from choosing it. The picture you see here is the basic idea behind it. Behind "Posterization" and "Drop Shadow" and maybe a little "Bevel and Emboss" (which I hate to use), is my idea for a more interesting version of the classic. Originally, I wanted the sleeve to be made of clear plastic which only covered the actual book cover with that brown, but because of printing reasons, I did not. However, it turned out to be better. Because I used the hard cardboard for the sleeve, instead of "wrapping" around the cover like EVERY hard-cover book, it buttons using the Siddhartha figure as the clasp.